weirdgirl tagged me for a "6 things you don't know about me" meme. This is hard. There's lots you don't know about me, but most of it's god-awful boring, or else I'd have written about it long ago. I've had to think about it for a couple days. So, without further ado, here's 6 more things you never wanted to know about me:
1. I used to have 2 tortoises. I kept them in a big converted display case. I even constructed a "underground" layer for them, since they are said to like to dig. When we moved, we had to get rid of the display case, because it was too big. They were just in a little 50 gallon aquarium. Then, I felt bad, so I'd take them outside to wander around in the fresh air. One day they ran away from me. I couldn't find them anywhere. Who wouldn't thought a tortoise could run away?
2. The thing that I hate most about summer is being cold. Everyone complains about being hot and turns the air conditioner up and then I sit and shiver. I bring a jacket with me just about everywhere in the summer.
3. I still dream about my first boyfriend occasionally. I haven't seen him in at least 8 years.
4. When I was in high school, a girl named Terri came to live with us for a while. She and her mom didn't get along well, so they were taking a break from each other. Terri heard a rumor one day that her boyfriend had slept with the home-ec teacher. She threw a fit and refused to go to class. They tried to send her home, but couldn't release her because they weren't able to get hold of my mom or hers. So instead, they came and got me and we got to go home together. I don't really know how that logic worked in their brains, but we took advantage of it. About a month later, Terri went to the nurse because she "had a headache" (i.e. didn't want to go to class). She couldn't lay down though, because I was on the cot sleeping. We hatched a plot. Terri said she was sick and had to go home, so they sent me with her again, and we went shopping instead. My high school was stupid.
5. I once dated a guy almost entirely because his dad was hot. I mean he was a nice guy and all, but I probably wouldn't have done it if I didn't like his dad. It didn't last long.
6. I used to wait tables. In college, I worked at the country club. Every month, they had a poker night for the men. One night, after I got off work I was invited to stay and play for a while with the 5 or 6 of them that were still there. They paid me $100 to play 3 hands of poker topless. Easiest money I've ever made. (um, hi Mom. Pretend you didn't see that.)
Most of the people who read my blog have either already done this meme, or don't have a blog of their own, so I won't tag anyone, but if you want, feel free to play along. If you don't have a blog, just leave a comment instead.