Well, it's Tuesday, but since I did the Fun Monday thing, you all didn't get your weekend update (Jane, you ignorant slut!). So, not to leave you all hanging any longer, I present to you... bullet points!
- We had to go to Robinson this weekend. 2.5 to 3 hour trip. yuck. Rob's step-sister has been struggling with cancer for a LONG time. She finally gave up the chemo recently, and passed away last week. So we went down on Firday for the visitation on Saturday. The plan was this: We'd leave work at 12, pick up the kids, go home and pack, and head out of town at their nap-time around 12:30 to 1. Easy-peasy. not quite. The day care called to tell me Anya broke out in a fairly quick moving rash at 9. So Rob went and got her. The Dr couldn't see us until 3, so we decided not to go. it looked like the same rash she had last time (and I just searched for the last time, but I can't find it anywhere to link to) and the last time, the doctor asid it was just a virus on its way out. it never bothered her, and she started to feel better right after it. We assumed it was the same this time, and seem to have been right. Anyway, that put him at home with the truck and Ally and I in town. So, he had to come and get us, but Anya fell aseep and changed the times all around. grrr. So he waited until she woke up and we all left after that. but Ally had had a little bit of a nap at day care before we left, so she wasn't tired for the trip.
We stopped after about a half hour to let her pee and get food at Taco bell for Rob and I. The kids had already eaten. those cinnamin twists are really good at occupying a 3 year odl for quite some time. The ride down was surprisingly peaceful. Anya took a little nap toward the end. It was great. Except that we used most of a tank of gas. $$ grrr
The kids both slept pretty well and were in decent moods the next day (during which the unforunate chocolate chip incident occurred). We all went to the visitation, and the kids got extrememly bored. That was ok, though, as we had brought some toys with us, and they played mostly out of the way. then we went home. 5.5 hours and over night stay with eating out and everything for an hour at a visitation. But, you have to do those kinds of things for family, you know. The kids both fell asleep within 5 minutes of leaving town and slept the entire way home! It was awesome.
- Sunday morning, I took both kids to McDonalds to meet some of Ally's friends to play again. Anya happily ate for an hour (straight. sausage, pancakes, and biscuit) beofre wanting down to practice walking. Ally was thrilled. She loves meeting her day care friends outside of day care. Rob stayed home to do dishes and laundry and stuff that hadn't gotten dnoe since we were gone before. Pretty boring day.
- Anya spent the weekend learning how to walk better. She can take up to around 15 steps reliably now, and can sometimes even change directions without falling down. She also learned to clap, with she does very enthusiastically whenever she falls down. I think we accidentally taught her the wrong lesson :) She claps for everything now - or I guess it would be more accurate to say she claps for nothing. i was starting to wonder when she'd finally learn to clap.
- Yesterday, for Fun Monday I got 15 comments! I've never had that many comments before. Wow. I loved it, but was overwhelmed with trying to figure out who everyone was. Love it!
- I also got a new computer at work!!!! I have a shiny new flat screen HUGE monitor and everything. The keyboard is a little different though, and for some reason, when I try to capitalize the i, a lot of times I hit the keys weird and it doesn't happen. My fingers have to get used to it still.
But, that means I have to transfer all my crap from the old computer. That's not an easy task. Especially since the network storage they had set up for us didn't manage to keep all the files I transferred to it. (and my jump drive has decided to craop out on me) So I had to do it all over again. It's a good thing that my boss had taken the precaution of not removing the old computers yet. So i currently have 2 computers on my desk, and it's very cramped. I'm jsut about done getting the new one all set up and I am thrilled! so excited about it...
- Rob worked last night at the hospital. Stupid day cre... but that's an entire subject in and of itself, and I hve to pee, so i'll get to it later, when I have more time.